NO SCHOOL MONDAY, MAY 29TH!!! MEMORIAL DAY!!
Thursday, June 8th
Following is a list of tips that we hope will help you ensure that your students take care of things that need to be done to ensure a happy last week of school.
- If your student has any outstanding debts at school they need to be paid or their certificates will be withheld until they are paid. Debts include textbooks, library books, any other charges for lost or damaged school property and outstanding debts to other schools. A list of those who still have debts will be read at promotion practice on Wednesday, June 7th. Students on this list must resolve their debt to receive their certificates on Thursday.
- Appropriate dress is very important for the promotion ceremony. Formal dress is not allowed. Gentlemen are asked to wear nice pants and a collared shirt. It is certainly OK to wear a tie. Ladies dress in sundresses or something that is of a similar level of formality. High-heeled shoes are not allowed because of safety on the ramp.
- Students need to report for line-up for the ceremony, Thursday, June 8th by 8:00 a.m. The processional will start at 8:30 a.m.
- Students must not carry anything in their hands during the ceremony.
- Parents may not enter the student seating area until after the ceremony.
- Students must not leave their seat until the ceremony is over.
- Promotion takes place on the basketball courts. Chairs for the students will be provided but please bring lawn chairs for your family and guests.
- If possible, please do not bring balloons to the ceremony because they obstruct the views of the audience. If you do bring balloons, please take them to Room 408 and you can pick them up after the ceremony.
Bidwell Junior High School Foundation is an independent organization
separate from Bidwell Junior High. Our motto is "Helping Students Pursue
Success". Our mission is to provide resources for the enhancement of
the academic, co-curricular and extra curricular learning opportunities
for students at Bidwell Junior High School.
Click on the link below to visit this foundation's website.