Welcome to Bidwell Junior High School
2376 NORTH AVENUE . CHICO, CA . 95926
Phone: (530) 891-3080
Fax: (530) 891-3082
PRINCIPAL: JUDI ROTH
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL: LAURIE DEBOCK
Following is a list of tips that we hope will help you ensure that your students take care of things that need to be done to ensure a happy last week of school.
- If your student has any outstanding debts at school they need to be paid or their certificates will be withheld until they are paid. Debts include textbooks, library books, any other charges for lost or damaged school property and outstanding debts to other schools. A list of those who still have debts will be read at promotion practice on Thursday, June 4th. Students on this list must resolve their debt to receive their certificates on Friday.
- Appropriate dress is very important for the promotion ceremony. Formal dress is not allowed. Gentlemen are asked to wear nice pants and a collared shirt. It is certainly OK to wear a tie. Ladies dress in sundresses or something that is of a similar level of formality. High-heeled shoes are not allowed because of safety on the ramp.
- Students need to report for line-up for the ceremony, Friday, June 5th by 8:00 a.m. The processional will start at 8:30 a.m.
- Students must not carry anything in their hands during the ceremony.
- Parents may not enter the student seating area until after the ceremony.
- Students must not leave their seat until the ceremony is over.
- Promotion takes place on the basketball courts. Chairs for the students will be provided but please bring lawn chairs for your family and guests.
- If possible, please do not bring balloons to the ceremony because they obstruct the views of the audience. If you do bring balloons, please take them to Room 408 and you can pick them up after the ceremony.
All students starting 7th grade in August will need proof of a whooping cough booster shot before starting school.
California State law requires that all incoming 7th grade students get a Pertussis booster shot, called the Tdap booster, before starting junior high. The Tdap vaccine can keep your child and family protected from whooping cough. Students who have not received this shot prior to the beginning of the school year on August 17 will not be allowed to start junior high.
We strongly recommend getting your child vaccinated. Getting the Tdap shot now will not only help protect your child against the ongoing threat of whooping cough but will also meet the school entry requirement for junior high.
We want to make sure your child starts junior high on time. We encourage you to contact your child’s doctor or health care provider now to schedule an immunization appointment. Also, many local pharmacies offer the Tdap booster. Some children may qualify for free immunizations through the Vaccines for Children Program.
If your child has already obtained the Tdap booster shot, please send verification to the school as soon as possible.
Bidwell Jr. High students, staff, and PTA are respectfully requesting donations for a new electronic reader for the front of our school. This would be a wonderful addition to our upcoming remodel and refacing starting in 2015. It would be instrumental in helping us inform our parents and community of the many events and positive activities our students and school are involved in. Our PTA is spearheading the project and would greatly appreciate any support to achieve this goal. Chico local business - Hupp Signs & Lighting has graciously taken on our project, as they have for many other schools in our area.
How to Donate:
1. Electronically at http://www.gofundme.com/msrv9s
2. Write a check to Bidwell PTA and turn it in to the main office.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. We greatly appreciate your support!
During construction, the front entrance to the school will be re-routed. Entrance to the school and main offices will be through an existing opening between the main office and the library.
- Attendance, administration, and the office manager will be located in classroom 201
- Counseling, the registrar and the ASB office will be located in classroom 202
- The student health office will be located in classroom 204
Measure E Bond money is currently being used for upgrades at many school campuses in CUSD, including Bidwell Jr. High School! The Measure E Facilities Newsletter gives an overview of projects planned. Or, you can check out the CUSD Facilities and Construction Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CUSDFacilitiesandConstruction for ongoing construction news.